Join the Fun - Get Involved by Volunteering!
CNSE CMOST is currently recruiting volunteers, age 15 and older, who are looking to help instill a sense of wonder and discovery in young minds, that will inspire a lifelong exploration of science and technology.
There are a variety of opportunities, shift options and commitment levels available for adults and high school students. If you're looking for an in-depth experience, check out CNSE CMOST's internship opportunities.
You'll receive all the training you need to have a great volunteer experience. Contact us today or complete an application and we'll match you up with the volunteer position that's right for you!
Review the descriptions below and see where your skills and interests match our needs.
- Visitor Specialist - Greet and assist museum visitors. Manage transactions for store merchandise and admission fees.
- Birthday Party Host - Help children celebrate their birthdays at the museum by greeting and orienting party guests to the museum, be an enthusiastic host/hostess.
- Exhibit Guide - Assist our young visitors and adults as they learn through hands-on activity!
- Group Host - Greet and orient visiting groups. Specialized Group Hosts lead exciting, hands-on workshops for groups.
- Special Events Assistant - Work at activity stations. Help with event set-up and clean-up at the museum or off-site.
- Program Lead Assistant - Help with workshops, camps and weekly programs.
- Materials Assistant - Help prepare components for projects and or exhibits.
- Administrative Support Specialist - Help with data management, copying, correspondence and mailing materials.
- Special Skills Assistant - Sew costumes, lead a work shop... impart your special skill in your own unique way.
- Animal Care Specialist - Assist with taking care of the "living collections" at the museum.
- Special talents volunteer - If you have a special talent that you would like to share please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to find out how to share your specific talents with museum visitors.
CNSE Children's Museum of Science and Technology (CNSE CMOST) is a great place to intern for college students of many disciplines. Whether you're in museum studies, art, business, design, or education the children's museum provides a professional environment where your creative thoughts are encouraged. Please see our Internship PDF for more information.
Internships are often available throughout the school year with the Exhibits, Development, Marketing, Programs and Education departments. They are limited and are based on museum need.
If you are interested in interning at CNSE CMOST please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail it to CNSE Children's Museum of Science and Technology, 250 Jordan Road, Troy, New York, 12180, and we will get back to you with further information regarding your interests.