Join the Fun - Get Involved by Volunteering!
SUNY Poly CMOST is currently recruiting volunteers, age 15 and older, who are looking to help instill a
sense of wonder and discovery in young minds that will inspire a lifelong exploration of science and
There are a variety of opportunities, shift options and commitment levels available for adults and high school students. If you're looking for an in-depth experience, check out SUNY Poly CMOST's internship opportunities.
You'll receive all the training you need to have a great volunteer experience. Contact us today or complete an application and we'll match you up with the volunteer position that's right for you! If you are under 18, please also complete the parental consent form.
Review the descriptions below and see where your skills and interests match our needs.
- Visitor Specialist - Greet and assist museum visitors. Manage transactions for store merchandise and admission fees.
- Birthday Party Host - Help children celebrate their birthdays at the museum by greeting and orienting party guests to the museum, be an enthusiastic host/hostess.
- Exhibit Guide - Assist our young visitors and adults as they learn through hands-on activity!
- Group Host - Greet and orient visiting groups. Specialized Group Hosts lead exciting, hands-on workshops for groups.
- Special Events Assistant - Work at activity stations. Help with event set-up and clean-up at the museum or off-site.
- Program Lead Assistant - Help with workshops, camps and weekly programs.
- Materials Assistant - Help prepare components for projects and or exhibits.
- Administrative Support Specialist - Help with data management, copying, correspondence and mailing materials.
- Special Skills Assistant - Sew costumes, lead a work shop... impart your special skill in your own unique way.
- Animal Care Specialist - Assist with taking care of the "living collections" at the museum.
- Special talents volunteer - If you have a special talent that you would like to share please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to find out how to share your specific talents with museum visitors.
If you'd like to help but can't volunteer, consider a making a donation.
Call 518-235-2120, or email email@example.com for more information.